ProForm 505 CST Treadmill Offers Great Features
The Proform 505 CST Treadmill is newly redesigned and is offered as an entry level, budget friendly treadmill. The Proform 505 has an easy lift folding design, which makes it easy to fold and store when the machine is not in use. This model definitely does not compromise convenience for comfort levels. It is durable, well-priced, and can be used in almost any size room.
ProForm is well known for manufacturing treadmills that are of high quality and quite durable, and the 505 CST is no exception. In addition, the company backs up their machines with a lifetime warranty, which means you can purchase this treadmill with the peace of mind in knowing that it is backed by a good warranty.
PROFORM 505 CST FEATURES
This budget friendly treadmill offers many great features including ProShox cushioning, which provides cushioning throughout the entire running area. This cushioning helps to protect the user’s joints from the demands of walking or running.
The motor is 2.5 CHP and there is a motorized incline that goes up to 10 percent. Speeds for the track go from 0 to 10 mph. The running area is a bit compact and measures 20 by 55 inches.
The console area is fairly basic, but offers a water bottle holder, reading rack, and audio functionality. The six inch backlit screen features displays of time, distance, and speed. There are 18 pre-programmed workouts available that were all developed by certified personal trainers.
PROFORM 505 CST TREADMILL: PROS & CONS
- 25 year warranty for the motor and one year warranty for parts
- Price: under $600, which is a good price for a treadmill from a reputable brand
- Folding design helps save space
- Light deck, which is great for smaller spaces
- 18 built in programs provide a great workout variety
- Automatic speed and incline adjustment based on the program that is chosen
- Ipod compatibility and acoustic speakers
- 5 motor is long lasting and powerful
- Running area is quite small even for a compact model of treadmill
- Speed controls only go to 10 mph, this can be a problem if you want to do any sprints
- Entertainment options are limited
- Display screen is quite basic
- Heart rate monitoring: the treadmill has a KG heart rate sensor and heart rate programs, but a wireless receiver for tracking heart rate cannot be used
For those who are looking for a basic entry level walking or light running treadmill that is made by a reputable brand, the Proform 505 is a decent choice. You are getting about all that you can from a treadmill that costs less than $600 with this particular machine.
ProForm is a very reputable brand when it comes to treadmills and the machines offered by this company are known for being reliable, durable, and easy to use. This particular model proves all of these things to be true.
This is also a good choice for people who do not have a lot of room to store a treadmill. The space saving design makes it easy to fold up and store. In addition, the Proform 505 CST has a shock absorption system and a great variety of programs to keep your workouts fresh. It is also a good choice for a home where multiple people will be using the machine.
Overall, if you are in the market for a good quality treadmill, but do not have a lot of money to spend, this Proform 505 CST Treadmill would be a good choice.