Weslo Cadence G 5.9 for Calorie Burn
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill is a small treadmill that comes at a fairly low price. It is one of the cheapest treadmills available and the price is one of its major selling points. The small size of the treadmill makes it a good choice for those who have a smaller workout room.
This particular treadmill is designed for beginners who are looking for a compact machine that they can put in a small space and get out when they wish to walk indoors.
WESLO CADENCE 5.9 SPECS AND FEATURES
- Length: 50 inches
- Track width: 16 inches
- Motor: 2.25 HP
- Top speed: 10 mph
- 2 position ramp
The Cadence G 5.9 offers a blue tinted LCD console that will show elapsed time, speed, calories burned, and distance. There are six workouts that are preset with the treadmill. It should be noted that this is a treadmill for walkers only since the track is so short. Treadmills for runners typically have a 60 inch or longer track.
There is a ramp included that will help increase calorie burn. There are 2 positions that are manually adjusted.
WESLO CADENCE G 5.9: PROS & CONS
- Price: the low price is one of the most attractive features of the treadmill
- Preset workouts: the preset workouts were created by a personal trainer and help trainees make the most of each of their sessions
- Compact size: can be folded to take up only a small amount of space
- Small track: workout area is just 50 inches long and 16 inches wide, which is quite small when compared to most standard treadmills that have tracks that are 55 inches long and 20 inches wide.
- Noise: the belt is thin and glides over smaller rollers and can be quite loud
- Frame: lightweight and made of plastic which is not sealed at the joints
- Manual incline: incline is adjusted manually instead of electronically, which means that you cannot easily switch the incline during workouts
- No extras: does not have speakers, an accessory tray, or a water bottle holder
- Warranty: motor only under warranty for a year and the other parts of the treadmill are only under warranty for 90 days.
When comparing the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 with some of the other treadmills on the market for beginners, it does come in at a lower price than most. It is also lightweight and can be stored easily. However, the low price and small size comes with some downfalls that must be considered.
The track size of the Weslo Cadence 5.9 is quite disappointing. Many people will find that the short size of the track will mess with their stride a great deal. In addition, this treadmill only has 10 speeds, which means that it is really not made for runners.
For those who are looking for a small and compact treadmill at an affordable price, the Cadence G 5.9 may be considered. However, for a little bit more money it is possible to find a treadmill that offers more features and comes with a better quality build.
Overall, for the price this is a decent treadmill for those who are just looking for a place to walk indoors on a regular basis. For anyone who wants a little bit more from their treadmill and wishes to start running at some point in their workout routine, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 may not be the best choice.